Women sure are fascinated by ads showing beautiful nails and super amazing nail arts. It leaves us wondering that why our nails are not like those perfectly long, slender, chiseled-to-perfection nails which we see on Tv. Even if you do grow them out, you end up breaking one or two of them making your entire hand look ugly. But don’t worry! I’m here to rescue your nails and make them grow long and strong!! You’ll not require spending heavy bucks on those manicures and pedicures too. So, let’s get started.
1. Don’t use your nails as instruments: If you are habitual of opening a can of hot chocolate, or opening a door that’s stuck, or to scraping off a price sticker from something using your nails, just stop doing that! Remember that your nails are not instruments that you can use for doing such sort of things! This will damage your nails in the long term. So use an actual tool or instrument instead!
2.Use a strengthening base coat : Don’t let your nails go bare when you’re trying to make them strong.It is always better to apply a strengthening base coat. If you don’t use nail polish, apply a top coat. If you leave them bare, they are more prone to peeling off and splitting. Needless to say, you can occasionally let them breathe too by removing and re-applying.
3. Moisturize: Like any other part of our body, our nails need moisturization too. Always Use a hand cream to keep your hands and nails soft, moisturized and nourished. If not hand cream, there is another alternative that is cuticle oil or Vitamin E. This helps in keeping cuticles and nail beds healthy. It will heal dryness and chapping of nails and will keep cuticles well-hydrated and moisturized.
4. Take Vitamins and Supplements: If possible, take a nutrition supplement known as Biotin but only after consulting your doctor. It is known for keeping your hair and nails healthy.
5. Maintain them: Make it a habit to regularly trim, cut, shape and file your nails. Do this on a weekly basis. If possible, get a manicure done every few weeks, but if not possible, you can even do a DIY manicure at your home. They should always be in their best condition.
6. Protect them from harm: The texture of your nails is very delicate and porous. This makes it easy for them to absorb water. But the water only ends up making them dry. So, Make sure to wear cotton gloves while washing dishes or dealing with harsh chemicals or detergents to prevent your nails and cuticles from the damage.
7. Diet and Water: This is prerequisite to all the above tips. Eat well and drink plenty of water.! Have a protein-rich diet and include lots of daal, eggs, fish, milk, and nuts in your diet. The result will be visible once you focus on having a balanced diet and drinking a lot of water!
That’s all for today! I hope these tips will help you to improve the quality of your nails and make them strong and long.