The pedicure Tips that Will Make Your Toenails and Feet Look Great.
When it comes to taking care of our feet, we face a very hard time. Since All the pressure and the rush of our modern life are tolerated by our feet, their condition becomes worse. Not only the dust and dirt cause trouble for our feet but also Uncomfortable footwear is a constant discomfort. Moreover, it can cause serious health issues. Therefore, you need to be careful about your toenails and your feet. You need to take care of them properly.They need just as much care as any other part of your body. Now, it is true that getting pedicures and professional treatments done at spas and salons are expensive but have you thought about doing your pedicure at home itself? Yes! You can easily do them easily at home with minimal effort, provided you know Some useful tips.
Margaret Dabbs, the expert of foot health, said, “Spending just 30 minutes on a proper DIY pedicure is one of the most transformative beauty treatments you can do.Not only does a good pedi make your feet look groomed, but it’s also an instant confidence booster.”
So, here is the compilation of some very useful tips that might come in handy in taking care of the feet and toenails. Follow these tips to make your feet and toenails feel like heaven!
1. Keep your Feet Dry
Even during rainy season, The most important thing about feet is keeping them dry. The reason is that the wet feet are vulnerable to fungus in many conditions. You’ll easily get infected if you don’t keep your feet dry at all times!
Follow these steps to keep the feet dry:
- To let your feet breathe, use footwear made from natural material.
- Avoid wearing the same shoes for consecutive days.
- Wash your feet and Dry your them properly using a towel.
2. Trim the Toenails properly
Many of you don’t have a habit of trimming your toenails properly.If you do not trim the toenails properly, it can result in ingrown toenails. That can indeed be very painful.
Follow these steps while cutting your toenails:
- Trim the toenails in a straight manner. Avoid making the corners round.
- Don’t cut them too short as it may result in the infection or the ingrown toenails.
- Avoid cutting the cuticles. You can use an orange stick to push the cuticles backward in the base of the nail while cutting your nails.
3. Keep the Toenails Healthy
Follow this process to avoid the pain caused by ingrown toenails.
- Mix one tablespoon of salt in one-liter warm water. Dip your feet in this water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Position a clean dental floss beneath an edge of the nail. Then, move it up slowly.
- To keep your feet away from infection, Apply antiseptic on the affected area and apply a bandage.
- Follow this process every day.
- Consult a doctor if this process is not helpful and the infection spreads.
4. Soak the Feet in Some Warm Water
To moisturize and revive the skin of your feet, soak them in warm water.Dip the feet in some warm water for around 15 to 20 minutes one time each week. It will make the feet look great, and the heels will feel like baby soft. To double its impact, You can even add several ingredients such as herbal infusions, essential oils, and simple salt.
After soaking your feet in the water, scrub your heels with the help of a pumice stone to get rid of all the dead skin and the dust particles that might still be sitting on your feet.
5. Moisturize the Feet
To avoid cracked heels, it is very important to moisturize them.The best option is to use the creams containing emollient. Some examples are Vaseline, lanolin, and dimethicone along other moisturizing agents like the lecithin and the glycerin. Also, Keep in mind to not apply the cream on the area between your toes because it may cause fungal infection.If your heels are badly cracked, you may use a crack repair cream to heal the crack and then later use a moisturizing cream to keep it that way.
6. Massage the Feet
There can be nothing as soothing, relaxing and comforting as a massage! If you want a remedy of fatigue, foot massage is the best. It improves blood circulation and maintains your feet in a good health. If you are not very good at massaging your own feet, you can even get yourself a specific massager. This will make sure that you carry out the process correctly and without any complications.Other methods include placing a tennis ball or some other object of round shape beneath your feet and then just rolling it forward and backward. Roll it from your heels to your toes.This will massage your feet properly, providing you the utmost relaxation.
7. File Hard Skin of Feet
According to Margaret Dabbs, the expert of foot health “The most common mistake made during at-home pedicures is to file hard skin while your feet are in water. When feet are wet, it’s harder to see what areas need filing. Plus, cracked feet can split in water, which can be painful and lead to infection. So, always file on dry skin.”
Always make it a point to file your feet when they are dry. This will make the process a lot easier for you. Also, the results will be better because soaking them in water makes it hard for you to judge which part of your feet needs filing. Filing them when they are wet can also cause fungal infections due to the presence of bacteria in the water. So, always file them when they are dry.
8. Oil and Polish the Feet
If you are thinking whether to go for the foot balms or to go for foot oil, choose the latter.You don’t need foot balms to give your feet a gorgeous look. Choosing foot oil will always prove to be a better option as it will go deeper in the skin. Moreover, It will not even give the sticky feel of the heavy cream.Your feet will absorb all the oil in a magical way. They will work effectively in moisturizing your feet. Dabbs says,“Dry oils like emu oil contain moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties.”
This works the best in summers when the sun and the sand make your heels cracked and your feet parched!
Get Rid of Smelly Feet by following these easy tips:
Needless to say that our body produces lots of sweat during summers. Due to this reason, our feet change into a stink bomb.Apart from that, sweaty feet make it hard for us to keep them dry at all times. In fact, Some of us have sweaty feet even in winters, which are quite embarrassing.
So, we have brought you some tips that will help you to eliminate the smell from your feet completely so that you will not need to get embarrassed anymore!
1. It is very important that you keep your feet as dry as possible. Don’t use expensive deodorizing sprays and powders. Instead, you can use cornstarch, and it will absorb all the moisture, keeping them dry and sweat free.
2. To kill the bacteria which cause the stink, You can soak your feet in lukewarm salted water. Do this regularly every day for two weeks.
3. You may even Soak your feet in vinegar water. It will dry the moisture and eliminate the smell creating bacteria.
That’s all for today! Please let us know how these tips turned out for you in the comments section and don’t forget to share these tips with your friends and family.