An ingrown toenail is a common problem wherein the side edge of a toenail which ends up growing into the skin tissue near it. And, there are a lot of people who must’ve faced this problem. However, it is of utmost importance to treat the ingrown toenails right as paying no attention to them may lead to infection and further damage.
TREAT THEM RIGHT WITH THESE 9 EFFECTIVE WAYS.
# Prepare a tub with Epsom salt
1. Take a container filled with warm water and mix 2 tbsp of Epsom salt in the water.
2. Put your feet in the water and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
Thi will help to soften your nails so that it is easy for you to cut the ingrown toenail afterwards wherein the Salt in it will help to get rid of any soreness. For better results, repeat it three times a day.
# Apple cider vinegar
1. Take a cotton ball and, soak it with the apple cider vinegar.
2. Take a bandage and cover the toenail keeping t like this for a couple of hours.
Apple cider vinegar is laden with antibacterial and antifungal properties which will curb swollen skin and stop the infection from spreading.
# Turmeric paste
1. Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and mustard oil and, mix them.
2. Apply the paste over the nail and wrap a bandage over the same. Keep it for an hour.
Turmeric powder has antibacterial properties coupled with anti-inflammatory qualities which will help to prevent swelling and relieve you from the pain. For best results, repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day!
# Lemon juice and honey
1. Directly apply a drop of lemon juice and honey on the nail.
2. Wrap your toe with a bandage and keep it for an overnight.
Lemon juice and honey help to fight the infection with the help of their antimicrobial properties.
# Keep the nail raised with a cotton wedge
1. Take tweezers and lift the target area of the toe.
2. Take a small piece of cotton and place it between the toenail and the skin.
Make sure that you change the cotton piece once it gets soaked in a tub.
# Lift the affected area with a dental floss
1. Take a clean and a waxed dental floss and carefully lift the edge of the toenail with its help.
2. Make sure that you don’t go deep into the nail, or else, it will pain.
Do the process again after soaking the foot.
# Trim the toenails correctly
1. Well, trimming is the fundamental activity to ensure that there are no ingrown toenails.
So, always start trimming from the edges and not from the middle. Make sure you get rid of hard edges at the earliest. However, do not shave your nails too small.
Cut your nails once in every 2-3 weeks.
#wear comfortable shoes
With style and comfort, make sure that your priority is the comfort. So, opt for open-toed shoes so that your toes get further ground and they can breathe properly. One of the main reasons for the growth of ingrown toenails is tight and annoying footwear. Also, don’t go for high heels because then add extra-pressure on your toes.
# consult a doctor
Even if the problem doesn’t lessen with 2-3 days, then don’t delay and seek a doctor as soon as possible. You’ll have to see a podiatrist if the infection and swelling do take a halt.