In the hot summer days, we think that the children would be splashing around in pools. It can be much fun in the pools. Moreover, if an adult is with the children, it is safe under his supervision. However, in this, we would come to know that one parent is warning the others for their children about the unknown risks of the swimming pool.
The lady, Lacey Grace was enjoying her usual Saturday at the swimming pool with her 4-year-old daughter, Eliana. Eliana, her cute daughter, was splashing around the grandmother’s swimming pool with her friends like had kid would do. That time all of a sudden, a splash of water went down in her throat. Instantly, she spat up the water, and there were no other noticeable symptoms. She was fine for the rest of the day.
However, for the following day, she got the fever.
Her mother, Grace did not think about much of her illness. After the rest for one day, she sent her daughter to the school on Wednesday, and it was the typical school day. In the school, she got the fever again an was sent back to home from school because of the fever. After she came home, Grace sees to know that her daughter, Eliana is not suffering from the normal fever. Then she recalled the story that she has read that the father lost his son because he did not get proper treatment after swallowing pool water.
That was the time when things have taken the worst turn.
Grace posted her daughter’s picture on the facebook and captioned that “I contemplated whether or not this was worth posting and at the end of the day, I am where I was because of something another dad posted sometime last year. If I can help save even one child, this is worth it for me. Here it goes… my daughter, Eliana was playing in the pool with the pool noodle on Saturday, and as many many children do every day, she was blowing in one end and blowing water out the other. By 100% freak accident, Eliana put her mouth to blow out at the same time it caused the water to shoot down to her throat directly.
Then Grace rushed to the hospital for an urgent care for Eliana. She hoped that the doctors would say that it was just a viral. The doctor shared some unfortunate news with her within the ten minutes of their visit to the hospital. It was the emergency, and she was needed to be taken in the emergency room right away. Eliana’s heartbeat rate was higher than the normal and levels of oxygen were also low. Because of the chemical reaction, her skin was turning into a purple colour. Eliana’s x-ray explained that there are inflammation and infection in her chest because of the chemicals in the pool water. She needed twenty-four- seven hours care. She needed to be transported to any bigger hospital for such care.
Grace had posted her daughter’s photo on her Facebook account when she was admitted to the hospital and laying on the machines. She has captioned that “Grateful for the abundant amount of love and gifts my girl has received today. She is such a champ. You have made her days so much brighter. Thank You for the continued prayers.
Eliana was lying on the machines for breath because if anytime doctors took out the tubes, her oxygen level dropped down. So she was breathing through the machines. She was continually having fever despite consuming two antibiotics. Eventually, heartbeat rate did revert to normal.
By reading this article, you would come to know how dangerous can be the pool water for us. If you know any parents who spend most of the time in the swimming pool with their children, please send this article to them. They all should know the reality of such pool water. Moreover, if any case, the same situation takes place, let the parents rush to the doctor immediately. Do not wait for the time until it is too late.